Love. Eat. Style


Saturday, September 24, 2011

Our Wedding Story - Find Me a Venue!

So we're engaged and loving it ... but we are starting to feel very stressed and a tad bit desperate... all I want to do is start planning our wedding (it still feels so weird to say/write that) and enjoy designing our invites, DIY-ing our decor and then get serious about finalising our budget (maybe not quite in that order)... but that is virtually impossible with no venue :(

Is a big venue with lots of space, green grass, loads of trees (a forest even), a big dam and a barn/ shed (how awesome would a reception in an old cowshed be) too much to ask for? Apparently it is :(


 


So far no luck, but I am glad to still have a few months of planning ahead of me. I have found that having lots of awesome venue-searching friends and family and a lot of help from blogs (Cap Classique, the Pretty Blog) and other amazing wedding-fundis (Lauren, Nadia and Gaby) can really help ease the stress of trying to find a venue.

I now also have a VERY loooong list of venues in the Western Cape... so if you are planning your wedding and need help finding your dream venue, feel free to give me a shout (leave a comment or send me an email) and I will try and help. 

And if you know of any venues that might fit in with the mood/style I am going for (and they are based in the Western Cape) please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment