Love. Eat. Style


Thursday, April 28, 2011

I Dream of Tutus

I have been doing ballet for 4 months now and am loving it. I am not sure whether I have made any progress (I can't do the splits, put my leg high in the air and I have terrible turn-out), but it is a great workout and just so beautiful. 

We have a wonderful ballet teacher who teaches the Vaganova method. She is patient, firm (whilst, still being gentle) and offers us lots of praise to keep us motivated. I would really recommend ballet as a workout for anyone wanting to increase their core strength, improve their balance or just to burn calories.

Classical ballet is so beautiful, but I would love to see more modern ballet performances (by modern I mean classical ballet moves adapted and choreographed to work with more modern music) - does anyone know of any ballets that use more contemporary music? 

Something similar to the last dance scene in Centre Stage (hardcore ballet-enthusiasts please don't judge me!)


I'm in love... and yes... I do dream of tutus.

(source)

DIY tutorial here

(source)

(Oh- and I haven't forgotten about the promised giveaway ...  I have just been a bit slow getting things done -  I blame all the public holidays)

2 comments:

  1. Hi T!
    Thx for that post - again beautiful & inspirational! I love Tutus too!!! ;} and yes, I was once a little ballet dancer and a while ago I wanted to start again, after a few classes at the gym (which I didn't enjoy because of the teacher), I unfortunately stopped again. Maybe I should try it again at a proper school! Can you suggest one?
    Oh and I can't wait until my little princess gets her first set of ballet shoes and her Tutu outfit ;) ahhhh... *dreaming*

    Hope to see ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a few schools- whereabouts would be most convenient?

    ReplyDelete